Top 5 Water Damage Issues in Homes
Water damage in homes can be caused by many things but there are couple things in your home more likely to be the cause than others. The Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety did a study to find what causes the most water damage in homes, here are some of the things they found out.
- Plumbing System Failure- there are two types of plumbing system failure the first would be frozen pipes, the second would be material failures.
- Plumbing Drain System Failure- most failures occur when the sewer drain backs up and overflows into the home or are a result from material issues such as leaking or corroded pipes.
- Toilet Failure- this will happen if you have faulty valves or clogged drain lines
- Water Heater Failure- these usually happen when your water heater is at its end of life and begins to corrode or rust.
- Washing Machine Failure- the cause behind washing machine failure usually from the supply-line, machine overflow or drain line failure.
For more information on what can cause water damage to your home and tips on prevention check out this page:
If you find yourself with a broken pipe or toilet over flow, don’t forget about SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West when you’re looking for water restoration. Call us at 253-896-3000 any time of day, any day of the week, we will be there for you!