If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (253) 564-1494

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Beware of Mold

2/27/2017 (Permalink)

Call us for your mold remediation needs! 253-896-3000

Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth. Water intrusions can result from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failures, long-standing leaks, and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. Some amount of mold spores are normally present in most environments. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply. Organic materials found inside a building, such as wood, paper, drywall, and insulation, provide food sources for mold to flourish. Excessive mold growth can lead to indoor environmental conditions that pose a health threat.


Concerns are more likely to arise for “at risk” people, which might include immune suppressed or compromised individuals, infants and children, pregnant women, the elderly, and individuals with chronic inflammatory lung disease such as asthma and sever allergies. However, anyone may experience health problems associated with exposure to mold in damp buildings. Possible health effects include runny nose, sneezing, coughing, aggravation of asthma, sore throat, or inflammation of the sinuses.


If you think you might have a mold problem call us at 253-896-3000. SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood cares about proper restoration of your structure. In most water damage situations, excessive mold growth is not a problem and we can safely restore your building to preloss conditions “Like it never even happened.”

Other News

View Recent Posts