Why Rapid Water Mitigation is Essential for University Place Businesses
SERVPRO Prioritizes Halting Water Damage Spread in University Place Commercial Buildings
After a burst pipe, ceiling leak, or sewer backup requiring cleaning up, you will hear many confusing terms concerning your affected commercial building in University Place. Water mitigation, water damage remediation, water damage restoration are all used in connection with the recovery. Each of these phrases has its place while planning clean up of water damage and repairs. Mitigation is especially critical, the foundation of the other tasks.
What Happens During Water Mitigation?
Put, water mitigation, as practiced by IICRC-certified firms like SERVPRO, stop the spread of water damage and removes the existing water intrusion. Fast action is needed to protect your business, including the following and more. Depending on circumstances we:
- Shut off the main or ancillary supply line to halt the flow of water from incursions like a ruptured water heater or malfunctioning dishwasher pump
- Open the drain in an overflowing tub or sink
- Use lightweight wands attached to an extractor to stop the migration of water from wet to dry areas of wall-to-wall carpeting
- Pump water more than two inches deep out of confined areas
- Squeegee water across floors to waiting pumps or truck-mounted extractors before running the extractor over the surface, suctioning the standing water into tanks for lawful disposal
- Employ advanced water removal techniques like floor mats and other Injectidry-type solutions using negative air pressure to pull moisture from multiple floor layers or building cavities
- Complete applied structural drying through air movement, temperature manipulation, and dehumidifiers
What Happens After Water Mitigation?
SERVPRO project managers direct IICRC-trained technicians to provide the above emergency services while water damage remediation and restoration strategy planning continue. Remediation options concentrate on salvaging materials and contents. Then restoration, relating to needed repairs and rebuilding after controlled demolition during mitigation, rounds out the protocol. SERVPRO's general contractor license allows us to provide the build back required.
Advanced training in industry best practices and extensive water damage mitigation through restoration experience steadfastly guides SERVPRO of University Place / Lakewood West. Line up our skilled team to support your water-damaged business with one call to (253) 896-3000.