What to do When You Have Mold
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there's a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider these DOs and DON'Ts until help arrives.
- Stay out of affected areas
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans
- Contact SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West for mold remediation services
- Touch or disturb the mold
- Blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth
- Attempt to dry the area yourself
- Spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold