CALL 8-1-1 BEFORE YOU DIG
Summer is here time to start those new garden beds, shrubs and trees to increase the curb appeal of your business. There are millions of miles of utility lines buried all over the world, hitting a line could not only cause an issue for you but your neighbors around you as well. So, before you dig don’t forget to call 811 (it’s FREE) a few days before you plan to start your project.
5 Steps to Safer Digging
- Pre-mark your dig site with white paint
- Call 8-1-1 or go online to (callbeforeyoudig.org) to submit a request.
- Wait the required time (normally 2 days)
- Respect the marks don’t move them or adjust them in anyway
- Dig with care, when getting close to markers it is best to use hand tools.
Please keep in mind this summer, when starting your projects don’t forget to call 8-1-1. You or someone who is around you could be injured, or lines could be damaged, this all becomes very costly. If you call before you did this can be avoided.