Recent Cleaning Posts
Vandalism and Graffiti Cleanup
Vandalism and graffiti can be very upsetting. It can range from relatively minor pranks to malicious destruction of property. Often simple acts of vandalism, like breaking a window, can cause significant water and mold damage if not addressed in a timely manner.
SERVPRO will act quickly to remove vandalism and graffiti from home and commercial spaces. In addition to removing spray-painted graffiti from exterior walls, we can also clean driveways, walkways, asphalt, metals, wood, glass, plastic and masonry. Our highly trained technicians can offer the following services:
- General cleaning and graffiti removal
- Brick, stone, and concrete cleaning
- Odor removal and deodorization
- Debris removal
- Water damage restoration
- Fire damage restoration
- Mold damage restoration
- Contents Cleaning
Are you in need of vandalism and graffiti cleanup services? Call SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West today 253-896-3000.
Smoke Damage Cleaning
The recovery process following a fire in your home or business can be overwhelming and stressful. Damage to your personal belongings and home are just some of the concerns you may experience.
SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West understands the need to restore order and are equipped with the technology and training needed to help ensure your property is restored to its preloss condition. For instance, knowing the different types of smoke and behavior patterns are vital to proper restoration.
- Wet smoke- plastics and synthetics, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary
- Dry smoke- includes paper and wood; fast burning, high temperatures, dry, powdery, no smeary residue
- Protein- virtually invisible, discolors paints/varnishes, extreme pungent odor
- Fuel oil soot- furnace puff backs
- Other types- tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residue
If you are in need of cleaning, water or fire related, call SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West to make it "Like it never even happened." 253-896-3000
SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West Knows Deodorization
Even a small fire can cause odors for years to come if affected areas are not properly cleaned and deodorized. Fire, smoke, and soot damage in your home or business can create unpleasant and potentially permanent problems.
As various materials burn, the smoke produced travels throughout the structure, leaving odorous residues and deposits on surfaces and in hard to reach places. Unless fat, professional action is taken, these residues and deposits can cause permanent damage to content and may result in periodically resurfacing odors.
SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West provides specialized services that rid your home or business of offensive odors left by fire or smoke damage. Any restorable items in affected areas will be professionally cleaned and deodorized, including: furniture, draperies, upholstery, electronics, art, flooring, walls, ceilings, and more.
We do not cover up lingering odors with a fragrance. We seek out and remove the sources of the odor.
If you or someone you know suffers a fire damage- or some other accident- and require deodorization services, contact SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West. Whether it's fire, water or mold damage- or just a stubborn odor that refuses to go away- we'll help make it "Like it never even happened."
Spring Cleaning Tips
Follow these spring cleaning tips to get you started!
Spring is here! It’s time to start cleaning out the closets and cleaning those hard to reach areas we look over throughout the year. Here are a few tips to get you started and to stay focused during your spring cleaning.
- Always start from the top- as you clean higher items, like ceiling fan blades and top shelves on bookcases, you’ll knock down dust to a lower level. Cleaning from the top down will prevent soiling areas you have already cleaned.
- Stay focused on the task at hand- when cleaning out a closet or drawer, it’s easy to get drawn in by old photo albums and keepsakes. Set aside time for the fond memories later; you’re on a mission!
- Don’t be a pack rat- You don’t want to throw away precious keepsakes but try to limit junk laying around your home or office. If you haven’t used it in a year or two, throw it out!
- Hit the hidden areas. We all avoid the dreaded hidden areas in our homes, but now is the time to face the dust bunnies!
- Tackle the big projects first. It happens every year, we start with the best intensions to scrub our homes from top to bottom, but somewhere in the middle we run out of steam. Tackle the biggest projects first or you may never get to them.
- Yard sale time! Don’t just chuck your unwanted items. Put them up for sale; you may be surprised to see what could bring in a few bucks.
If you find yourself overwhelmed, call the cleanup team that’s faster to any size disaster- SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West at 253-896-3000
Spring is Just Around the Corner!
Get ready to start your spring cleaning with SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West!
The flowers are blooming and the birds are chirping. Spring is in the air, but you can’t shake those winter blues! Spruce up your home or business with a deep cleaning.
Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows us to freshen up our environment and get a head start on the hectic season of spring and summer. SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West can help. Our specialists are trained to use state-of-the-art equipment to remove soils hiding deep within your carpet, as well as focused stain removal and stain resistance applications. Other services include: upholstery cleaning, hard floor cleaning and care, odor identification and deodorization.
A clean environment is a healthy environment. Improve your living and work spaces this spring. If you need a little help, don’t worry, SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West has all of the tools to make your home or business sparkle in no time. Give us a call at 253-896-3000.
Clean Homes Sell Faster
Call SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West for your home cleaning needs!
Looking to sell your home? It is a fact: A clean, fresh smelling home will sell faster. Veteran realtors will encourage you to keep your home in top condition for very important reasons including increased market value. SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West offers a variety of services to help revive your home to top show condition including carpet and upholstery cleaning, ceiling, wall, and hard floor cleaning, deodorization, and mold mitigation and remediation.
One problem many homeowners come across when selling their home is mold. Molds are found in every environment and mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. An Institute of Medicine study found excessive dampness indoors encourages the growth of molds and other organisms, causing public health problems. The EPA advised that the potential health concerns from molds are an important reason to prevent moisture problems. leading to mold growth. It is especially important to clean up existing indoor mold growth to increase property appeal and retain its value. If a property has experienced a water intrusion, SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West can inspect the damage to see whether moisture has penetrated materials or is allowing mold growth.
Prior to listing your property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a water damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage- act within the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work
- Install a ventilation system
As a home owner looking to sell your home, you may have trouble spots to address before you list or schedule a home inspection. Whether the problem is a water stain on a hardwood floor or a mildew smell in the basement, rest assured that SERVPRO of University Place/Lakewood West can get your home in top show conditions and ready to sell. When you decide to sell your home, call us for cleaning and restoration services that will help showcase your property to potential buyers. 253-896-3000.