Protect your Commercial Building This Year!!!
Is your business ready for the cold days ahead? Be sure your taking all the proper precautions to protect your business this winter. Here are a few things to look at before winter hits around your building.
On the outside
- After the leaves fall in the fall take time to check and clean gutters to ensure there is proper drainage. Clogged gutters can lead to ice dams causing major damage.
- Make sure your weather stripping is in good condition to ensure there is no draft and no small animal can make its way under the door.
- Check the foundation for any cracks or damage. Apply caulking to any areas where masonry meets siding or were any pipes or wiring entering the building. When these opening are left unsealed moisture can get in and freeze resulting in cracks and mold build up.
- Make sure your roof is in good condition checking to ensure you shingles are all in place.
- Inspect your driveway and fill any cracks with filler to ensure no more damage is done.
On the inside
- Remove any A/C units that can be and store them away safely for winter.
- Go threw and check for any drafts around windows or doors, if you find spots that are not sealed apply weather stripping.
- Change the directions of ceiling fans to redirect the warm air down to the floor.
- Test and change all batteries in smoke detector and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Check the basement to ensure there are no broken windows or drafts.
By taking time to check these places before winter hits can mean saving hundreds on repairs later.